Design / Palo Alto, CA, United States
Compartir oportunidad de empleo:
Flipboard is on a mission leveraging the tried and true principles of good design to elevate the way people around the world consume content. It’s our passion to make something truly life-changing that blends the beauty of print with the ingenuity of the digital interface. We know that design leads the way on this quest and we’re seeking a passionate, enthusiastic, and talented Design Director to blaze the trail.
The Design Director at Flipboard will not only help build, mentor, and manage the brand and product design teams—you’ll be instrumental in rallying the entire company around the cause. You will work among a world-class team of digital leaders to solve challenges of all kinds, transforming the product and brand in the process. This position reports directly to Kal Amin, President and COO of Flipboard and is located in Palo Alto, CA at Flipboard headquarters.
Our Design Director
- Represents the Flipboard’s brand and mission both in and outside of the company.
- Leads, guides, and inspires the brand and product design teams.
- Works directly with the Flipboard leadership team to determine strategy, priorities, and resourcing.
- Attracts world-class design talent to Flipboard.
- Leads large cross-disciplinary teams building product features from concept to launch.
- Understands how to iterate and optimize based on user insights with an eye for increasing revenue.
We'd love to hear from you if
- You are passionate about design and its ability to create lasting impact in the world
- You collaboratively work alongside your engineering, product, editorial, and marketing counterparts to provide state-of-the-art solutions that meet key business opportunities and problems
- You have the ability to storyboard or translate ideas to designers and others, influencing external and internal stakeholders
- You are a role model and proven leader that others want to work with.
- You have the ability to develop employees and grow teams. You skillfully hire new talent and gracefully resolve staffing challenges
- You fully embody Flipboard’s brand and values
- You are self-motivated and are able to lead design projects from concept to completion
- You’ll roll up your sleeves and contribute wherever needed
- You set the tone for excellence within the design teams and for other teams
- 10+ years professional experience
- BS or BA in a four year design program
- Competitive portfolio
- Experience as a Director and inspiring people manager (people want to follow you)
- Deep experience in brand, product, and interface design
Benefits and Perks
- Our benefits include vision, dental, life, and health insurance, plus 401K with a company match
- Flexible hours and generous ‘out of office time’ for holidays, vacations, sick leave, relaxation & wellness, personal and family needs
- Subsidized commuter programs
- Team celebrations: company anniversaries, birthdays, Thanksgiving, weddings/babies –– you name it, we celebrate it!
Why Join Flipboard?
- Our vision: At a time when society could really benefit from being more informed and inspired, we are enabling great stories to reach the right communities around the world.
- Our team: Led by experienced entrepreneur CEO Mike McCue, and President/COO Kal Amin, we are a highly diverse team of bright, capable people who work collaboratively with strong purpose and vision. We are positive, respectful and we value self improvement. We want an environment and culture where a variety of voices and perspectives are both encouraged and heard. Our belief is that employees from various backgrounds and experiences can help us fulfill our mission of truly “Inspiring and Informing” the world. We believe that leveraging this diversity will lead us to create better products and services for all of our key constituents on the platform.
- Our value: We are fully funded and making steady, meaningful progress on a premium, high margin business within a $600B, highly strategic market. Our business model is tightly aligned with our values, our partners and our user experience which makes our company both valuable and unique.
- Our product: Millions of people truly love Flipboard and rely on it regularly. Flipboard is a standard bearer for great mobile design, innovation, and we deeply value craftsmanship.
- Our platform: Our platform selects the best content from millions of sources around the world, organizes it into highly personalized feeds, and presents it for further curation by the community. We are driven by hard technical challenges and we value pioneering new technology to continually increase the power, efficiency and scale of our platform.