Senior iOS Developer
Client Engineering / Vancouver, BC, Canada, Seattle, WA, or New York, NY, United States
Compartir oportunidad de empleo:
Flipboard gives people a single place to stay informed and get inspired to pursue their passions. With more than 100 million readers every month, Flipboard is used by people around the world to read leading publications, blogs and industry news as well as to collect stories, images, and videos into their own Flipboard Magazines to share ideas with others or simply express their perspectives.
We are looking for an experienced iOS developer with a background in shipping beautiful, high-performance, maintainable software to join our iOS team. Here at Flipboard, you will take on complex problems, experiment with open source solutions and enjoy a culture that celebrates constant innovation. In this role you will work on a completely unique and beautiful app and be able to pair your experience with a talented and fun team!
What You'll Do:
- Build iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch apps and extensions
- Write clean, maintainable code while rapidly iterating and shipping
- Use lldb, HockeyApp, JIRA, and FLEX to diagnose and squash bugs
- Tune CPU and memory performance with Instruments
- Work collaboratively with product managers and designers to develop features
- Integrate with web services and spec out APIs with platform developers
- Maintain a thoughtful commit history using git and conduct peer reviews using GitHub
- Work closely with QA to quickly find and resolve any issues
What You Know:
- Low level details of the Objective-C language and runtime
- Extensive experience with Foundation, UIKit, Core Animation and Cocoa Touch APIs
- How to build composable, extensible interfaces quickly
- Asynchronous programming with blocks and threads
- Experience with client/server programming, HTTP requests, and JSON
- How to work within and maintain an existing codebase
- The app submission process, certificates, and iTunes Connect
- Familiarity with git and common workflows are a plus but not necessary
- Swift knowledge is a plus
Benefits & Perks
- Canada: Our benefits include vision, dental, life, health insurance, “Employee and Family Assistance Program”, plus eligibility to participate in our pension plan with an employer match.
- USA: Our benefits include vision, dental, life, and health insurance, plus 401K with an employer match.
- All Locations: Flexible hours and generous ‘out of office time’ for holidays, vacations, sick leave, relaxation & wellness, personal and family needs | Team celebrations: company anniversaries, birthdays, Thanksgiving, weddings/babies –– you name it, we celebrate it!
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at our company.
Why Join Flipboard?
- Our vision: At a time when society could really benefit from being more informed and inspired, we are enabling great stories to reach the right communities around the world.
- Our team: Led by experienced entrepreneur CEO Mike McCue, and President/COO Kal Amin, we are a highly diverse team of bright, capable people who work collaboratively with strong purpose and vision. We are positive, respectful and we value self improvement. We want an environment and culture where a variety of voices and perspectives are both encouraged and heard. Our belief is that employees from various backgrounds and experiences can help us fulfill our mission of truly “Inspiring and Informing” the world. We believe that leveraging this diversity will lead us to create better products and services for all of our key constituents on the platform.
- Our value: We are fully funded and making steady, meaningful progress on a premium, high margin business within a $600B, highly strategic market. Our business model is tightly aligned with our values, our partners and our user experience which makes our company both valuable and unique.
- Our product: Millions of people truly love Flipboard and rely on it regularly. Flipboard is a standard bearer for great mobile design, innovation, and we deeply value craftsmanship.
- Our platform: Our platform selects the best content from millions of sources around the world, organizes it into highly personalized feeds, and presents it for further curation by the community. We are driven by hard technical challenges and we value pioneering new technology to continually increase the power, efficiency and scale of our platform.